Exercise......Don't get the Beetis

Exercise......Don't get the Beetis

Thursday, September 8, 2011

The Good with the Bad

Today was a day filled with the Good and the Bad. That is often the story of my life.

The good: It's cross season
The bad: I can't for the life of me get my new Michlin Mud 2 mounted on my rear Ritchey wheel. And my bike STILL has a lot of dirt on it from last season.

The good: The weather is here and it IS Beautiful. Today was CX practice #1
The bad: I STILL cant get the tire mounted, SO I ran my road power tap wheel. A 23 smooth..

The good: I have power data from CX now. Pretty interesting to look at.
The bad: Road tires SUCK for CX, but I didn't crash. Although the steeps are tough on grass.

The good: CX Practice 1 followed by rice and bean tacos and a Single Wide IPA. MM'MM
The bad: CX is not CX (at least for me) with out BLOOD. I am bleeding from my left knee and right hamstring from........sloppy remounts. No crash though. Not sure what caused the blood. I almost have more scars from CX than road and the CAR

Another bad with a slight 'ok.' A cyclist was hit by a van last evening. He is in bad shape, but is responsive. The driver stopped, and it was a sun and terrain related crash. We all hope he recovers.

Now for real life.

The good is that life at Truman State is great. Great faculty and awesome students. I have an Ex phys class of 90% Rock Stars. I am challenging them hard and they are asking the "what next" applied questions. It totally Rocks.

I have a student who came in today to talk about her research idea and it is graduate level work. She had almost all the details worked out already. I am really excited to mentor her and get this study rolling this spring!

The bad. Carrie and the kids are back in Manhattan and I miss them dearly.

At least I get to Skype and or talk to them which makes it somewhat better.

All in all, life is pretty good.

I hope to update this more often now and add pictures and such.

Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

  1. Is there Strapping tape underneath your rim strip? if so loose the rim strip. If you need some loose fitting tires try continentals.

    ReplyDelete